Repair Service Terms & Conditions
Applies to mail in repairs and repairs done at your local branch.
1. In the event of any dispute or disagreement between the client and Funtech LTD, the client agrees to use Funtech LTD's own dispute resolution mechanism before looking for redress elsewhere. This process involves a meeting at Funtech LTD head office in Dublin, a Funtech LTD representative and the client must attend in-person. The client agrees that any and all expenses incurred by the client during this dispute resolution process will be the responsibility of the client and that Funtech LTD will not be held liable for these, if any, expenses.
2. The Client has agreed by signing and or receiving the attached drop-in device report, that Funtech LTD will not be held responsible for anything else other than the parts that the client has asked Funtech LTD to repair or replace.
3. Once the service has been provided, or if the service has been canceled by the client or Funtech LTD, the device must be collected by the client within 90 days of the date that Funtech LTD attempts to contact the client. If Funtech LTD are unable to contact the client for any reason this 90 day period will begin regardless. After the 90 period has passed the client agrees that Funtech LTD will recycle the device.
4. Water damage found during a repair. The client agrees that if during repair, water damage is discovered inside a device that the internal components of the device are already degraded and corroded and that any damaged to the device before and/or during repair is the clients responsibility and that Funtech LTD will not be held responsible in any way financially or other and that if the client wishes these damages to be repaired, the client agrees to pay additional fees for these repairs and any parts that are required to complete the repair unless the customer wishes to cancel the repair.
5. Cancellation. If the client wishes to cancel a repair for any reason, the customer agrees that if any parts have already been used on the device and these parts cannot be removed without damaging the parts that the client agrees to pay for these parts. If any used parts can be removed, the client agrees that Funtech LTD will remove these parts from the device and the clients old parts if available will be put back into the device, if the clients parts are faulty or damaged before or during repair, Funtech LTD will not be held responsible in any way for the cost of these parts and Funtech LTD will not compensate the client in any way financially or other. The client also agrees that if a repair procedure has begun and Funtech LTD have removed the client’s faulty parts from the device, that these parts will be damaged to the point where they cannot be repaired or put back in to the device and Funtech LTD will not held responsible for these parts financially or in any other way.
6. The Client agrees that in some cases, some models of device require the screen or glass back cover be removed before repair can be attempted, and that if the clients screen or glass back cover has any existing cracks and damage, that Funtech LTD will not be held responsible financially or in any other way for the cost of these parts and that the customer will not seek compensation from Funtech LTD.
7. Warranty. The client agrees that there is a three month warranty given with all repairs unless the device is water damaged, a one month warranty will be given on water damaged devices. The warranty covers only the parts that were repaired or replaced. Physical damage is not covered in the warranty, physical damage is defined as cracks or scratches on the screen or any part of the device. The client also agrees that physical damage maybe internal and not visible to the client and this is also not covered in the warranty. In the case where the repair was a replacement screen, lines in the screen or where the screen has no display caused by pressure on the screen is not covered in warranty. Water damage that occurred after the repair, will void the warranty. Software issues are not covered in the warranty. If the device has been opened by anyone other than Funtech LTD staff, the warranty is void. Where a device is water damaged, their will be one month warranty.
8. Pack it well, wrap your phone in foam or bubble bags. FunTech and DPD are not responsible for damaged caused during shipping caused by in-effective packing. Cover every edge of the box with tape.
9. DPD Label, if you choose DPD Return Shipping, make sure to stick firmly onto your box, cover the label in clear sellotape so it does not fall off.
10. If you choose DPD Return Shipping, DPD will collect your box the next working day if you make payment online before 4pm. Make sure someone is home to collect your box the next working day for the full day between 9am and 7pm. Make sure the box is ready to go before 9am the next working day.
11. Shipping fee for mail-in repairs will not be refunded in any circumstances.
12. We will only repair what you have asked us to repair. If you are unsure of the issue with your device, send us a message or call us before you make payment. If we find other problems with your device, we will contact you. There maybe underlying issues with your device that you are unaware off and FunTech is not responsible for these issues.